Welcome to the Schmidt Family Tree
Creating this Family Tree was a journey that started in 1992 and is forever ongoing.
The starting point was an old Family Tree which was given as a birthday gift to Hugo Schmidt in 1899-Sept-28
My objective has been to find all men and women from Jacob Schmidt dä to modern times.
It has been an interesting time
Here are some starting points to the Family Tree:
Starting points on my wife Sigrid Stenlunds the Family Tree:
Index of persons
Index of surnames
Index of places
- 1764 when Jacob Schmidt came from Wismar to Stockholm as a merchant
- Schmidt & Co HAB and its ownership to Karmansbo Lancashire forge 1812-1818 and 4 ships before their
bankruptcy in 1818
- Axel Wilhelm Schmidt who participated in the
Napoleon war 1813 and in the 3 weeks "campaign" when Sweden took Norway in 1814
- Claes Theodor Schmidt who had one of the largest silk mills in Stockholm when he died in 1848 at age of 38
- Maria Elisabeth Carolina Schalén 1817--1911, a strong woman who fostered a generation of children and grandchildren
- Ernst Fredric Schmidt who came to New Orleans in 1832 and ended up as number one yellow fever fighter as head of the Howard's association. His grave at Old Fellows Rest
- Ernst wife whose sister was married to John T Monroe, mayor of New Orleans. The union took the city in May 1862 under dramatic forms: "New Orleans was captured but never surrended"
- Carl Jacob Schmidt who built rail roads in Finland, Värmland, Östergötland and Skåne from 1865-1904
- Carl Schmidt traveling in Sweden and to Russia, China to build Power Stations as president of Väg och Vattenbyggnads Byrån (VBB)
- Lydia Wahlström fighting for women's right since 1892. She died in 1954
- and much more.....
You can contact me on E-mail (I live in Sweden and talk swedish): firstname.lastname@example.org